01 March 2010

Our Sunday Project

We planted these beautiful grasses a while ago and with time and lots of rain the weeds were completely overgrowing the plants. I think it was actually starting to become a bit of an eyesore, definitely not the effect we were going for! We decided that this weekend we would finally finish our project that we had started some time back. It took us a lot longer than we had anticipated but I think the results were well worth the effort! After tying up the grasses into little "ponytails" we first cleaned out about 2-3 inches of weeds and dirt. This part was the most time consuming. Next, we laid down a paper made of corn to prevent weeds from returning. Lastly, we poured in the limestone gravel, which is actually very fine and sandy. The result is much cleaner and I think highlights the beauty of the plants. The limestone kind of glows and it has definitely improved our little area of the block! Next? On to the yard!!! (That one's gonna take us awhile!)

2010-02-28

IMG_2933

IMG_2936

IMG_2939

7 comments:

Michael said...

The median looks so much better. I can't stop looking at it! :)

Laura J said...

Looks great guys! Very professional looking.

Lisa Fuller said...

Looks great! I especially like the ponytails!

epita said...

It looks awesome! Lots of work, too, but it was worth every moment spen on it. I see that Sadie was supervising at a distance -- what a smart puppy!

The Drifter and the Gypsy said...

weekend DIY jobs are always time consuming, but it looks like yours was totally worth the effort! they look absolutely fantastic!

p.s. loved meeting you @ blog out loud :)

purple area said...

That turned out really great!

Courtney Cerruti said...

Lovely!